Wednesday, October 14, 2015

No Touching!


I don’t know when, why, or how it started, but for as long as I can remember, I’ve hated when something or someone touches around or inside my belly button. I can barely get myself to touch my belly button to be honest. Simply put: I just hate the feeling.
Sometime last year I noticed a freckle in my belly button. I get new freckles all the time so I didn’t think too much about it, except that I hated it was in my belly button because I thought it made it ugly. (Random fact: I always loved how my belly button looked)
Over the year, though, that freckle started to change colors. It kept getting darker and darker until one day it was black. I knew I had to go to the dermatologist, so I scheduled an appointment the day I got my insurance cards.
I didn’t think anything of the appointment when I went in yesterday. I figured she’d look at my skin and say everything was perfect!
But when I showed her my belly button, she immediately said, “Oh this has to go!”
Ummm.. what?!
She promised it wouldn’t hurt to remove it, and I believed her. But I didn’t want her near my belly button and the thought of getting shots in my belly button is still giving me goosebumps.
She picked up a small ruler to measure it, and I instinctly but lightly pushed her arms away.
Then the nightmare started.
She first cleaned all inside it with alcohol and a cotton pad thing.
Then she gave me two freakin’ shots INSIDE my belly button!
And then she took a razor thing and scraped the mole off to send it to the lab.
The entire time she made me lay with my hands under my butt so I wouldn’t try to push her away.

I’m pretty sure she thought I was the biggest baby in the world because it only lasted 1 minute (if even that long!). 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment