Monday, June 29, 2015

Best. Concert. Ever.



A few years ago I went to the Bayou County Superfest in Baton Rouge, LA to see George Strait (among Reba, Luke Bryan, and a ton of other performers). I thought, hands down, no one could possibly beat a George Strait concert. I wanted to see him for as long as I could remember, and when I was there, finally, I remember crying because I was so happy.

Last Friday I went to Garth Brooks’ (and Trisha Yearwood) concert. He hasn’t been to Houston in over 17 years. Like George Strait, Garth is a really popular. Really, really popular. Besides the 2 new songs he sang from his new album, I knew every word to every song he played.

I went with my parents, Kevin, and a few of my dad’s clients. Kevin & I were originally supposed to be on the ground level closer to the stage with my parents. But, my dad thought he had 8 tickets instead of 6, so he accidently gave me & Kevin’s tickets to a client. The day before the show, my mom calls me to tell me my dad gave our tickets away… but that she was able to buy us two new seats. In the nosebleeds.

It was a little disappointing, but I wasn’t heartbroken. When you go to concerts in a huge stadium, it doesn’t really matter where you sit. You can see it on the big screens and you can definitely hear the music no matter how high up you are.

Anyway, I left that concert knowing that was the best concert I’ve ever been to (sorry George). It beat all of Free Press Summer Fest – all the DJs and rock bands. It beat all of the Rodeo concerts I’ve seen. It beat all of the local Austin, Texas bands I saw during my college days.

Why? Not because all the other concerts I’ve been to sucked. But because Garth brought so much energy to his music and performance. He was non-stop moving around. Non-stop getting the audience pumped up.

It was amazing.

My throat is still really sore from singing along screaming at the top of my lungs.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment