Thursday, July 9, 2015

Five Things You Probably Don't Know About Me



One. When I was little – and sometimes they still do - my grandparents called me Cookie Monster. Not because I was obsessed with the Cookie Monster, although I probably was, but because I quickly learned a little trick. Every time I cried, my grandparents gave me a cookie to get me to stop. Eventually I started crying just to get cookies.  I still love cookies, and if I had to cry to get one, I probably would.

Two. Imagine a little blonde girl with red-rimmed circle glasses, an eye patch on one eye, and stitches on her mouth. That was me when I was in first grade. The patch was from laser surgery; the stitches on the side of my lip that went up towards my cheek were from me busting my mouth on a clay pot. I looked lovely.

Three. Do you know those weirdos who make up entire situations in their heads and then decide how they’d react to them in real life? I’m one of those weirdos. I spent the entire car ride home imagining what this interviewer will ask me, and then verbally saying my answers out loud. To no one but my car. Luckily so many people have Bluetooth that the people next to me at the stop lights probably thought I was really talking to someone.

Four. I recently became obsessed with binge watching Netflix. I never understood how people could sit there all day and watch the same TV show. But, a few months ago I watched Gilmore Girls for the first time, and I was hooked. I took a break from Netflix binge-worthy shows for a few weeks, but now I’m obsessed with The Secret Life of the American Teenager. The acting can be pretty damn bad and I don’t understand these teenagers’ choices, but I’m hooked.



Five. I recently heard about this #dontjudgechallenge. I’m not offended, but I do see how it is backfiring. People are posting videos of themselves in glasses and covered in fake acne marks that they drew on their faces and also with fake body hair that is also drawn on. Then, they wipe off the “mess” they created and reveal their true selves – someone without acne, glasses, or facial hair.  They caption the video with #dontjudgechallenge, which is meant to say “I’m beautiful no matter what.” Unfortunately, what they’re really saying is – people with acne, glasses, and facial hair are not as beautiful as I am (so you're judging them and then labeling it as "don't judge me"). I’m someone who has acne/acne scars, and to be honest, I probably have facial hair every once and a while. You know why? Because I am human and those things happen to everyone.  But glasses? I love my glasses. #glassesarecool

Bonus. I was having a hard time coming up with weird things about myself, so I asked Kevin. He said: “That you love to drop your clothes all over the bedroom.” Yeah, yeah…


What are some facts about you?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment