Friday, July 31, 2015

July Book Review: The Last Letter From Your Lover



JoJo Moyes is the author of my favorite book, Me Before You, so I expected a lot from this book. All I can really say is I was blown away by The Last Letter From Your Lover.

Honestly, and I don’t know whether it’s because this month has been really busy or because I wasn’t enjoying the book, it took me a couple of weeks to get into the book. I read the first two chapters over a two week span.

I am so thrilled I kept reading because I was hooked. This is the first book I’ve read in a long, long time that made me stay up way past my bedtime. That may me read until my eyes felt dry and sore.
I could not put this thing down.

Here is the summary from JoJo Moye’s website:

In 1960, Jennifer Stirling wakes in the hospital and remembers nothing—not the car accident that put her there, not her wealthy husband, not even her own name. Searching for clues, she finds an impassioned letter, signed simply “B,” from a man for whom she seemed willing to risk everything.

In 2003, journalist Ellie Haworth stumbles upon an old letter containing a man’s ardent plea to his married lover. She becomes obsessed with finding out what happened to the couple. Perhaps if they lived happily ever after, her own complicated affair could have a happy ending, too. A Brief Encounter for our time, this is a novel for romantics of every age.

This book is about heartbreak and love and faith and fate. It’s about the little things in life that turn into bigger things. It’s about falling in love with someone, a deep, passionate type of love, and wanting to do anything possible to make it work.

Jennifer didn’t remember anything after her accident. She finds a random love letter and realizes it’s addressed to her – but, she’s a married woman. She realizes she was having an affair. Her husband, however, isn’t the nicest guy in the world. .. and you just have to read to find out what happens!

I don’t know how to write this review without spilling the details, so I urge you to just read it. It’s a romance novel, but it has suspense and drama. And it’ll definitely keep you wanting more.

I give this book a 9 out of 5 stars.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment