Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The New Cool Thing That I Just Can’t Get Into

Every so often some new fad swarms social media and gains a lot of followers. This fad has been popular for a while, but I recently came across it this morning.

Dyed armpit hair.

free your pits founder

I'm not juding these girls or saying they're gross. In fact, I think the opposite.  I think these women are brave and confident, being able to take this stand and be seen as different. In a NY Times recent article, some of these girls shared their reasons:

“I do it because it looks cool,” she said in an interview. “And because I think that people should be able to do what they please, and feel beautiful regardless of what they do.”

NY Times

“What a woman decides to do with her own body and her own hair is her own business,” she said. “We love defiance, and we love flying in the face of beauty standards.”

& I agree. We should have the power to choose what we do with our own bodies, and that of course, we all are beautiful  -- even if we have some unique characteristics.

The reason I can't dye my armpit hair? It is simple: I refuse to grow out my armpit hair. I live in freakin' Houston, Texas. It is hot. It is sticky. Plus, I assume that armpit hair itches and tickles, and I really don't want to be itching my armpits in the dead of summer.

What about you? Would you grow your armpit hair and dye it a fun color?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment