Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dreaming & Wishing & Hoping

Kevin & I hunted for houses earlier this year because we dreaded living in another apartment. We never purchased anything, and we ran out of time to keep looking. Our budget was tight and low considering the city we call home. The houses we did see were mostly foreclosures full of leaks, mold, holes in the walls, nasty carpet. Houses no one wanted.

The only houses we saw that were worth moving into sold within a day or two, giving us no chance to really submit an offer. I stalked real estate listings each hour. One morning I found a newly listed home, so I called the realtor and he booked an appointment for us to see it that day at noon. When noon rolled around, the realtor called to tell me the sellers already have 4 offers and there really isn't any point to go look since I would be 5th in line (meaning all the people before me would have to back out).



That's how fast things were (and possibly still are) moving here.

I'm happy we didn't end up buying a house though because we were looking in a part of town we don't really want to be in. The neighborhood was great, but it was a suburb outside of city limits and traffic going that direction is an absolute nightmare.

Just for giggles, I decided to look at houses online yesterday just to see what was out there. I found a perfect house for us. It even has a pool!

The catch? It's about $400,000 out of budget.



A girl can dream...


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment