Monday, June 1, 2015

Life Without My Favorite Foods | The Launch



Hello, June! I know I say this about almost every month, but I cannot believe how quickly May has come and gone. A lot of things happened in May: we celebrated 6 birthdays, including the birth of my nephew.  Like they say, time goes fast when you’re having fun.

I chose June for one of my bucket list challenges: go one month with no dairy. I understand that it may come off as a weird challenge – why choose dairy out of all things to give up? I’ll tell you why.


  1. I’m lactose intolerant.  
  2. Dairy is very inflammatory. It has become one of the most inflammatory foods in our diets. 
  3. I am highly convinced that the more dairy I eat, the more acne I get.  This is from my personal experience and reading studies. 
  4. I am curious how much better I will feel. 


On one hand, this could be an easy challenge for me.  All I have to do is stop buying my Lactaid pills (they’re the natural pills I eat before I drink/eat anything with dairy in it). If I eat/drink dairy without a pill, I get super sick.

On the other hand, I tried this before and I failed miserably. I love cheese.  I love desserts like cakes and brownies and ice cream.  Within about two days of deciding to go dairy free, I marched myself to the store and purchased more Lactaid. And then I enjoyed dairy again.

June may also be easier because there isn’t too much going on besides a few birthdays and Father’s Day.

Maybe I will find that the benefits of quitting dairy far outweigh my love for dairy products. At least, I hope that happens. Wish me luck!

Edit: I’m not cutting dairy out 100% and making my life stressful by looking at ingredient lists on bottles. I’m simply cutting out the obvious dairy – like cheese, ice cream, etc.  

+ I had no idea what type of image to put on this post, so I chose a random cow one. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment