Friday, September 18, 2015

Hello, World!

Add caption


I promised I would be back – and here I am. I absolutely love my new job!  I’m no longer stuck doing proposals all day every day.  I never get burnt out because I’m doing the same stuff over and over again.

My old company never had events – and now I’m planning/attending so many events at my new job! I will be in Kansas City next week to represent Texas in a BBQ cookoff challenge. I can’t promise that I’ll represent Texas well (I’ve never BBQ’d before), but I will have on a “Texas” outfit. Of course we are going as cowgirls and cowboys. I just need to find boots…

This weekend I’m going to the company picnic... and guess what. It has a petting zoo! & a lazy river & fishing & a magic show. But I’m obviously more excited for the petting zoo.

In two weeks I’ll be down at the beach (but that isn’t as lovely as it sounds since Galveston is so gross) for a tradeshow. And then a couple weeks after that, I’m going to another BBQ cookoff down the street from my office. I won’t have to cook this time. I just have to set it up and then enjoy the night.

This Saturday I am also going to my first ever cage fight. This lady gave me free tickets yesterday, so I figured I might as well go and experience it. After watching the videos, I’m not sure I will enjoy it. So much violence and blood! I’m not sure why people want to fight each other. I know it’s a sport – but wow, it looks so painful. I’m going to an amateur night so a lot of the fighters are brand new. This will be their first time fighting in front of an audience!


What are your weekend plans?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment